We are looking for volunteers who can help us explain the Russian context in simple words. Mobilisation, Russian gay propaganda law, and other aspects of the Russian realities that people don’t see or dismiss from the outside.
What you will do:
- Choose the topic you want to elaborate on (you can choose a topic from our list, or suggest a topic yourself).
- Work on the article. Usually, we give 1-2 weeks for the first draft.
- Work closely with your editor to finalise and publish your article on our website and social media.
- Attend regular team meetings once in 2 weeks.
- Use Google Drive, Telegram chat, and Trello to work and communicate.
We try to explain the realities of life in Russia in short, simple words. Therefore, we expect our articles to be between 2000 and 8000 symbols long (without spaces).
If you are interested in publishing a long-read article with more analytics and more original research, it is possible (we can discuss it individually), but the main focus right now is on providing short explanations of a variety of topics.
What does it take?
- 4-5 hours per week to work on a project.
- To be available at least once per week (most probably, on Sunday) for a 1 hour call.
What do you get?
- Experience of working in a team of like-minded people.
- Experience of writing and publishing research-based texts (with a possibility of doing it either anonymously or not based on your own preference), supported by feedback to help you improve your writing.
- Experience of working in an NGO.
How to applyFill in this form, we will contact you in 5 days.
Should you have any additional questions please feel free to send us an email via email@example.com.